Media Credentials: Terms and Conditions
Freedom 50’s Definition of Credentialed Media
1. In order to attend Freedom 50 as a journalist, an individual must be a credentialed member of the media. Freedom 50 retains the right to grant media passes to print journalists (newspapers, magazine, etc.), broadcast journalists (radio or television), wire and news service journalist for redistribution to other news organizations, or online news service jouranalist (electronic dissemination, bloggers, internet TV, or radio).
2. Freedom 50 will recognize journalists who have obtained credentials from a capitol press corps, official press organization, state law enforcement, or the U.S. Congress.
3. For additional information, inquiries, and concerns, contact Freedom 50’s Communications Division (email@example.com).
Terms and Conditions
1. Only members of the media may obtain media credentials and you cannot be otherwise registered for the conference in another capacity.
2. Freedom 50 media credentials must be visible at all times at the conference or social events.
3. Members of the media may not distribute any materials directly to legislators, legislative staff, speakers, or attendees of the Freedom 50 Conference. Materials, which include leaflets, handouts, pamphlets, magazines, newspapers, T-shirts, marketing materials, and petitions, are to be left in the designated areas.
4. All requests to receive a recording or videotape of parts of the Freedom 50 Conference for the purpose of rebroadcasting must be made and approved through Freedom 50 Communications Division (firstname.lastname@example.org).
5. Freedom 50 will only allow authorized representatives of the entities noted above to be approved and the approval is non-transferable.
6. All Freedom 50 publications, including PDFs, are the copyrighted property of the Veterans of the Mississippi Civil Rights Movement and may not be reproduced, uploaded or distributed in any way in their entirety without prior approval from the Freedom 50 Communications Division.
7. Freedom 50 has the right to remove individuals from a meeting, event, or function who do not abide by any of the terms and conditions.
8. Video recording will be limited to B-Roll only. No extended video taping will be allowed. All media will be required to request in advance the sessions they would like access to. This information will be emailed ahead of the Conference.
9. Only hand-held cameras will be allowed inside the sessions and plenaries.
10. All media will be required to notify Freedom 50’s Communications Division on the details of the published piece as well as provide a final copy of the published piece (blog, article, footage, etc.).